Thursday 29 April 2010

Final Reflection on Blogging


Blogging has been a fun and personal way of learning the different topics in this module. Some the most fun blogs to make were the Tweens, Nostalgia and Family. The main reasons for these was because before research, I had already had some sort of understanding of the area as well as the fact that I could be more personal with them.

On top of lectures, blogging has allowed me to take part in more in-depth research else where which too has helped me remember the module in more detail. Information in which I would not have remembered during the lecture or have even found out, was found in the research I had done. An example of this is the extract about the 'Pinto' car in Brazil where no one would buy it as it meant 'small male genitals', which I found amusing.

I found blogging fun in comparison to assignments just on their own as I was able to find videos, print ads and incorporate humour into it all. I could also make it personal and write it the way I speak. I too, was also able to express myself more. Although they were fun, it did get quite hard to do, when there was more than 2 blogs to do a day. Almost all of the time I had been up to date with them, apart from 13 and above.

Strangely enough, I have also improved my skills with technology as I've had more practice with embedding videos and even with the simple fact of using 'Blogger' as a website due to the fact I had never blogged before. When I had first used it, I found it confusing and difficult; now its easy and finding my way around is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment